Call Us On
0800 038 0123
South Devon College of Vantage Point, Long Road, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 7EJ (“we”, “us”, or “our” or “the College”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The following policy which relates to information we collect about you when you use our Online Store (the “Online Store”) which is available via our website https://store.southdevon.ac.uk/ (the “Online Store Website”). It should be read in conjunction with the South Devon College Data Protection Policy (the “General Privacy Terms”) which is available at the following address and which shall also apply to your use of the Online Store: https://www.southdevon.ac.uk/about-us/policies-and-downloads
The following terms, together with General Privacy Terms and the terms under which you agree to purchase Goods and Services from us set out in the Terms & Conditions (the “Supply Terms”)) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you supply to us will be processed by us. Please read the following terms, the General Privacy Terms and the Supply Terms carefully to understand our practices in respect of your personal data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) and GDPR regulations the College is the data controller with registration number Z6969476.
Information we may collect from you
On some parts of the site, you may be asked to provide some limited personal information in order to enable the provision of certain services e.g. prospectus ordering, registering with a society etc. The College may store this information manually or electronically. By supplying this information you are consenting to the College holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose.
We may collect and process the following data about you when you agree to purchase Goods and/or Services through our Online Store Website:
- information that you provide by filling in an Order form (and or any other form or questionnaire that you may be asked to complete by us) or by completing address and other personal details when setting up an account on the Online Store Website. This includes information provided when you complete a contact form. This may include your name, date of birth, telephone number, email address and any messages or content you might submit to us;
- any details about your visits to the Online Store Website, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and resources you access; and/or
- we may need to process sensitive personal data (i.e. about your state of health, ethnicity information about any previous unspent convictions, results of DBS checks) when you apply to undertake one of our courses. In this case we will only use this information for enrolment and statistical purposes. We will not use this information for any other purposes without obtaining your prior written consent. We may, on occasions, be required to provide these details to Examinations Boards who may be assessing examinations related to the course you have enrolled on.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Online Store Website or an Order.
If you contact us we may retain a record of that correspondence.
By continuing to use our Online Store Website (and in the case of cookies below by agreeing to our Supply Terms) you are consenting to the processing of your personal data in accordance with this policy.
The Online Store uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer if you agree to us doing so/unless you block them. The cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our Online Store Website which helps us provide you with a good experience when you browse and order from our Online Store. Cookies are stored on your computer and help us recognise you if you return to our Online Store Website at a later date.? This can save time on future visits by storing information you may have previously entered.
The following table sets out a list of the cookies that we use and why we use them. If you do not wish us to collect cookies please refuse to accept cookies by changing your browser settings as set out below and please refrain from using the Online Store Website/ordering Goods and Services from our Online Store Website. By agreeing to purchase Goods and Services from our Online Store Website you expressly agree to us placing the following cookies on your PC. If you do not agree you will unfortunately not be able to order Goods and Services from our Online Store Website.
Aside from cookies we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing activities and is anonymised.
Transmission of Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our Online Store Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
How the information collected is used
Personal information provided to the College by you will only be used for the purpose stated when the information is requested. Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations.
We will use the information collected from you on the Online Store Website in the following ways:
- to ensure that content on our Online Store Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- in order to process your Orders (as defined in the Supply Terms) (i.e. your name and address to arrange for collection/delivery);
- we may disclose your personal information to third parties where the College merges, is re-organised or otherwise acquires, or is acquired by, a third party entity;
- we may share your information with third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Supply Terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the College, our students, staff or others.
Our Online Store may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by the terms set out in this policy. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.? Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee which is explained in more detail at Paragraph 4.5 of the General Privacy Terms.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Where our Online Store provides facilities for electronic payments the data collected through these pages will be securely encrypted for your protection. You need to take care when entering details such as credit card data to ensure that your details cannot be seen by others standing near to you. You should be particularly careful if using a computer in a public space such as a library or internet cafe. When you make electronic payments your data will be transferred to the appropriate finance company for verification and in order for the payment to be made to us. When you have finished the transaction ensure that you have signed off from our site so that another user cannot return to your details.